WELCOME

It is TIME for a REVOLUTION in the way we THINK & CREATE!
It is TIME to create JOY & EMPOWERMENT rather than PAIN & STRUGGLE!
TOGETHER we can move mountains and shift GLOBAL consciousness to LOVE rather than FEAR
JOIN me as I explore this concept.

Wednesday 2 April 2014

Asbestos Awareness Week

This is an email that I received from someone that reads my blog.  Her story and her quest are worth a few minutes of your time.

Hi Lynne!
Thanks for responding to my comment! I’m reaching out to you today in hopes that you will help me with a cause that is very near and dear to my heart. At age 36, I was diagnosed with mesothelioma just 3 ½ months after my first and only child, Lily, was born. I was given just 15 months to live unless I underwent a drastic surgery to remove my left lung. Miraculously, I beat the odds and I’m still here eight years later.
Asbestos is not banned in the US, yet it’s the only known cause of mesothelioma. I was exposed to asbestos through my fathers work jacket when I was just a little girl; my diagnosis came about 30 years later. Once diagnosed, most patients die within 2 years. I am one of few survivors who openly share their story and work to spread awareness regarding the dangers of asbestos.
In honor of upcoming Asbestos Awareness Week (April 1-7), I have created a webpage dedicated to raising awareness. I would love it if you would be willing to share it on your blog to help educate and protect your readers from this preventable disease!
Here’s the link to my awareness page: mesothelioma.com/heather/awareness
Please let me know what you think :-)
All my best,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment